1. WHICH NEW PATH TRUMP IS FOLLOWING IN MIDEAST
Defying dire, worldwide warnings, the president breaks with decades of U.S. and international policy by recognizing Jerusalem as Israel's capital.
2. ONCE-PROMISING POLITICAL CAREER IN SHAMBLES
Minnesota Sen. Al Franken appears on the cusp of resigning as his fellow Democrats abandon him over a series of sexual misconduct allegations.
3. HOMES OF RICH, FAMOUS UNDER SIEGE
A wildfire erupts in Los Angeles' exclusive Bel-Air section as one corner of Southern California after another finds itself threatened by an outbreak of wind-whipped blazes.
4. WHERE A BIG MARIJUANA MARKET IS OPENING
Los Angeles is in line to become the nation's largest city with legal recreational pot after the City Council votes to license sales and cultivation next year.
5. RANSOMWARE CRIPPLES GOVERNMENT COMPUTERS
A cyberattack slows county government to a crawl in North Carolina's most populous metro area — and an official says the county will not pay the $23,000 demanded by the hacker, believed to be in Ukraine or Iran.
6. PUTIN ANNOUNCES RE-ELECTION BID
The Russian president says he'll seek another six-year term next March, a late entry into a race he is poised to win easily.
7. WHY PRICE OF VIAGRA IS TUMBLING
Drugmaker Pfizer is launching its own cheaper generic version of the impotence pill rather than lose most sales when the drug gets its first generic competition next week.
8. 'IT'S NOT JUST A MOMENT. IT'S A MOVEMENT'
The "Silence Breakers" — those who have shared their stories about sexual assault and harassment — are named Time magazine's Person of the Year.
9. DARK BEHEMOTH FOUND DEEP IN THE COSMOS
Astronomers discover a super-size black hole harkening back to almost the dawn of creation.
10. GOODELL SIGNS FIVE-YEAR CONTRACT EXTENSION
The extension for the NFL commissioner has been a source of controversy because Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones objected to the process.Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.