Sign In

No Account? Register Now!

Forgot User ID / Password?

Drug called ‘Pink’ killed her 21-year-old son, now heartbroken Texas woman is warning others |

Drug called ‘Pink’ killed her 21-year-old son, now heartbroken Texas woman is warning others
Drug called ‘Pink’ killed her 21-year-old son, now heartbroken Texas woman is warning others Mon, 17 Jul 2017 19:33:47 EDT

A Texas is woman is warning others about a drug with the street name "Pink" after it was listed on her son’s death certificate, along with heroin.

>> Read more trending news

The drug is many times more powerful than morphine, according to the Texas Poison center, KTVA reported, and Mary Elliot had never heard of it before.

Her son, Jeremy Elliot, 21, died in April after sinking into a coma following an overdose.

Heroin and something called U-47700 were listed on his death certificate. 

Mary Elliot told KHOU she wondered, "What is this? Is this bath salts?" after seeing the certificate.

>> Related" Ohio pilot, wife died from powerful animal tranquilizer, cocaine mixture

"(The drug) is anywhere between seven and eight times more potent than morphine is," said Texas Poison Center director Jean Cleary, according to CBS News.

The center said at least three people died from "Pink" last year.

"My son just tried something and it took ahold of him," Mary Elliot told KHOU.

"I thought I did everything right and when this happened I asked myself what I did wrong," Elliot said.

>> Related: "Gary death:" Heroin, fentanyl mix kills Georgia woman

She has since formed a Facebook support group called MAH, Mothers Against Heroin, in hopes of helping others learn from her tragedy.